Willkommen im Forum

Liebe Besucher,
Liebe Devotees,

nach monatelanger intensiver und freudiger Arbeit an dieser Webseite zusammen mit unserer Webdesignerin bin ich sehr glücklich, dass nun alles soweit vollendet ist. Heute am 9.9.2016
ist zudem der Erscheinungstag von Shrimati Radharani, ein äußerst glücksverheißender Tag
für die Premiere unseres Forums und dieser Webseite als Ganzes.

Anstelle von Verhaltensregeln möchte ich einfach alle TeilnehmerInnen höflich darum bitten,
nett zueinander zu sein und auch bei Meinungsverschiedenheiten – die naturgemäß immer irgendwann bei Diskussionen auftreten werden – stets den guten Ton zu wahren.

Ich freue mich auf einen regen Austausch.

Euer Vedanta

Forum-Breadcrumbs - Du bist hier:ForumEnglish: NewsMaharaj ji speaks out
Du musst dich anmelden um Beiträge und Themen zu erstellen.

Maharaj ji speaks out

Maharaj jiHH Shri Haridas Shastri Maharaja ji

Today marks the fifth anniversary of the passing away of the great Vaishnava scholar and Acharya His Holiness Shri Haridas Shastri Maharaja ji. Below are some of his brilliant and crystal clear teachings as collected over the years by his outstanding disciple HH Shri Satyanarayana Dasa Babaji Maharaja who published it in 2015 in book form as "Shri Guru Darshanam".

I wish us all much joy and deep realizations while reading!

ANGER

QUESTION: Can we use anger in the service of Krishna or does it have to be given up?

ANSWER: Anger means intense desire to get rid of something. This is the consciousness behind anger. If there is some object or person you become angry upon, you want to remove that from your path or presence. Anger is used against those who are envious of Bhagavan or His devotees, or those who criticize them or the guru. Anger may be exhibited towards them.

QUESTION: This means that it is proper to exhibit anger in these cases?

ANSWER: Yes.

PRASADA

QUESTION: We hear in Bhakti Sandarbha that one should also offer food that one likes to Krishna. How does it fit into the Vraja-mood, if one offers Krishna food like pizza, spaghetti etc. and not Vedic preparations?

ANSWER: Whenever you like somebody, you give him also something that you like yourself. Therefore, these preparations also are given to Krishna. The main thing is that it has to be given with devotion. Then only Krishna accepts.

QUESTION: It says in the shastra that if you take maha-prasada once, then at least you will take birth as a human being again.

ANSWER: All these things, like maha-prasada or the holy dhama, have spiritual power in them, but they do not bestow it to an unqualified person, because an unqualified person will misuse it after some time. Although maha-prasada has this potency, it is not manifest unless the person is qualified. Otherwise, everybody will misuse it thinking,

I will take maha-prasada once, and then I can do any nonsense because I will be born as a human being anyway. Then in that human birth again, I will eat it once and then I can do anything.”

Even the mafia in Vrindavan put on tilaka and neck beads, but tilaka and neck beads are not meant for such people. If you put on tilaka and wear neck beads, that means that you are a devotee of Bhagavan. You are not supposed to be a mafioso, capturing others’ property. Do you expect that tulasi and tilaka should manifest their power to them and bless them, in order that they do not get the effects of their wrongdoings? Nobody would want that.

WAR

QUESTION: In these days there is the atmosphere of war between India and Pakistan. What is a devotee supposed to think? Should they think, “I depend on Krishna, so I just stay in Vrindavan and see what Krishna wants,” or is a devotee supposed to make some arrangement, such as going to some safer place or store food etc.?

ANSWER: First of all, war is inevitable, either now or later, because there is always a fight going on between the divine and the demoniac potencies. Now the asurika power is becoming very prominent. We have to stand always on the right side and as far as possible support the right people. If you feel that something is going to be short in supply or that something is going to be a problem, you should plan to take care of that.

- From “Shri Guru Darshanam”