Willkommen im Forum

Liebe Besucher,
Liebe Devotees,

nach monatelanger intensiver und freudiger Arbeit an dieser Webseite zusammen mit unserer Webdesignerin bin ich sehr glücklich, dass nun alles soweit vollendet ist. Heute am 9.9.2016
ist zudem der Erscheinungstag von Shrimati Radharani, ein äußerst glücksverheißender Tag
für die Premiere unseres Forums und dieser Webseite als Ganzes.

Anstelle von Verhaltensregeln möchte ich einfach alle TeilnehmerInnen höflich darum bitten,
nett zueinander zu sein und auch bei Meinungsverschiedenheiten – die naturgemäß immer irgendwann bei Diskussionen auftreten werden – stets den guten Ton zu wahren.

Ich freue mich auf einen regen Austausch.

Euer Vedanta

Bitte oder Registrieren, um Beiträge und Themen zu erstellen.

Why is Krishna blue? A travel report

Why is Krishna blue?
A travel report of Babaji's visit on the 9th-11th October at Lake Constance

Babaji's arrival at Munich airport was scheduled for 14:50 o'clock - a comfortable time for me, since I am living approximately 250 km away from the airport and accordingly always plan an approach time of about three hours. Nevertheless, it was still a bit short at the end because of a heavy traffic jam due to a construction site. In addition, the access to Terminal 2 was completely blocked and I finally found myself on a relatively distant, so far unknown parking place. At the airport information desk, I inquired as a precaution, where I could later pay my parkticket. Unfortunately, the friendly lady at the counter did not know this and therefore connected me via telephone with the headquarters. So while I was talking to an airport expert, I suddenly felt a pretty strong blow on my upper back. I turned around in amazement and looked into Babaji's bright, grinning face. Joyfully, I greeted him and his travel companion Joshika, the psychotherapist from Florida whom I already knew from many articles and videos.

We marched straight to the parking lot, Babaji always at the top, as if he already knew the way. I drove the car out of the narrow parking area, so we could load the travel bags. But as soon as I exited the car again, Babaji had already hoisted his heavy suitcase from behind into the car - he is incredibly fast and enthusiastic in everything he does - one really has to be fully alert in order to assist him or even get ahead!

On the way, unfortunately there was again a traffic jam, this time caused by an accident, which gave us nearly an hour delay, so we arrived after more than three hours drive around 20 o'clock in Langenargen on Lake Constance. Vrajeshvara our host greeted us very warmly and showed us our respective rooms. Then he served us an opulent and delicious Prasadam feast, which he and his wife had cooked for us. Among others, there was a special reddish rice from Sri Lanka and a vegetable sabji with coconut milk.

The next morning Babaji was standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast for us all and being assisted by Joshika. Since my help was not much needed at the moment I happily and reverentially watched him as he was cooking concentratedly and full of love for Krishna. In the end, I was allowed to bring the offering onto the altar and afterwards we all enjoyed together his delicious khichuri. After we all were sumptuously fed and happy, surprisingly someone asked for a last serving spoon of khichuri. Babaji immediately jumped off the chair to serve, but then of course I also quickly got up, stormed into the kitchen, and served the devotee the desired extra ration. Everything is an exercise in becoming conscious, I notice more and more. Robotic routine is passé, witty and joyous spontaneity is desired of Krishna.

The pot was empty in no time, so Babaji announced that he would cook again for lunch. He added, smirking, that although he very much likes cooking, there are not many opportunities anymore for him to cook.

Afterwards, we all together sat around the table, peacefully dealt with our respective e-mail correspondence and exchanged different news and plans with each other. Soon enough it was again time for cooking. Babaji joyfully went to the kitchen and started cooking this time being assisted by both of us Joshika and myself. As I noticed that he took out the cooked tomato peels from the vegetables I inquired from him about it and he explained to me that tomato peels are indigestible and unhealthy.

In the evening after singing a most beautiful kirtan, Babaji gave a brief but deeply significant class for the assembled audience from the area. There were essentially two key points:

The first point was that all living beings including us humans are like fish whose home is the ocean. On the land we will never find happiness, irrespective of the variety and amount of enjoyments and privileges offered to us. It is that simple, without water no fish can be really happy. And that is the reason why Krishna is blue because He is this very blue ocean.

Babaji Maharaja ended the lecture with a second essential point, namely that the association with devotees is the most precious asset in our life because Krishna can only be obtained through His devotees. In this regard he quoted the demon Vritrasura from Bhagavata Purana. Vritrasura in his previous life was King Chitraketu, a great Krishna worshipper, but due to a small misunderstanding he got cursed by Parvati, the wife of Shiva to aquire in his next life the body of a demon. But even as a "demon" he could remember his earlier identity, and his teachings are considered brilliant and groundbreaking for all bhakti-yogis. The prayer which Babaji quoted from Vritrasura was the following:

O Bhagavan,
I do not desire liberation
and I do not mind if I have to take many births
as an outcome of my karma,
but I pray that in whichever species of life I am born,
may I have friendship with Your devotees.

- Shri Bhagavata Purana 6.11.27 

The next morning we departed at about 7 o'clock to the airport. Babajis scheduled departure time in Munich was 12 o'clock. And again there was a mega traffic jam just shortly before the goal. For almost 45 minutes nothing moved even an inch. Krishna apparently makes life very exciting, especially for his most loyal devotees like Babaji 🙂 In the end, however, we reached our destination in time, despite Terminal 2 still being locked - because of Babaji luckily and brilliantly navigating us to the nearest parking lot directly in front of the terminal!

Jaro was already waiting for us there. He is the steady administrator and global distributor of Babaji's lectures. Very professionally he set up his laptop and started transferring the 20+ GB data of classes stored on Babaji‘s USB stick. Jaro‘s laptop, however, is a rather rare model apparently from the early 1990‘s and it has its own way of doing things. After about ½ an hour of tense waiting for the data transmission to finish, Babaji decided that we had to proceed towards the security check, otherwise he and Joshika would miss the flight. Said and done. We marched tightly to the security check-in, while Jaro stayed behind being loyal to his aged digital companion speaking words of encouragement and gratefulness. Luckily, shortly before the end of Babaji's security check Jaro came joyfully running, entered confidently into the security area and returned the USB stick to the relieved Babaji.

Babaji took leave with an affectionate smile and set off with Joshika on the way to the plane heading towards Vrindavan, Krishna's home.